Dover College is an ideal venue for Civil Ceremonies, Receptions and Banquets. Standing on the grounds of the former St Martin’s Priory, these impressive medieval buildings and picturesque lawns offer stateliness and romantic seclusion.
Our experienced staff are available to advise you to ensure you and your guests have a memorable day.
On the day itself, our well trained management and Silver Service staff will be on hand to ensure that every detail goes to plan, so that you and your guests can enjoy yourselves.
The College offers special rates to Old Dovorians, members of staff and their families.
Format of the reception
The following is a tried and trusted format you might like to consider for your wedding reception:
- Allow about 1 hour to 1.25 hours for the church service and photography in King Stephen's Garden;
- Bride and Groom to move first to the welcome drinks reception – normally includes both sets of parents and may include some or all of the bridesmaids, organised by the best man;
- Remainder of the wedding party move to the reception drinks reception. Drinks to be served afterwards if you intend to have an reception line;
- After 45 minutes, the wedding breakfast is served;
- Wine normally served with Wedding Breakfast;
- Cake-cutting ceremony takes place after the final course (dessert) has been served;
- Champagne or sparkling wine is served and speeches can commence;
- Coffee and cake are served.
Wedding photogrpahy location
Dover College boasts beautiful grounds and buildings ideal for romantic wedding photographs.
Whether or not your wedding reception is held at Dover College, it is possible to have your wedding photographer shoot within the grounds. Many local photographers hire Dover College for such a purpose.
To find out more, please:
T) 01304 205969
Corporate events and conferences
Dover College regularly accommodates local meetings and it makes an ideal venue for local community events such as the Mayor-Making Ceremony and the Dover Pageant.