What an extraordinary time in which we are living; all I can say is that I know everyone is doing their best at the moment, and I appreciate the support that the College is being given as we sail through uncharted waters.
Following the change in guidance announced at the post COBRA press conference yesterday, please note the following changes that have been put in place:
- Pupils need to social distance and this must be reiterated by parents, please, at home;
- All assemblies and chapel services have been cancelled with immediate effect;
- All casual and flexi-boarding will immediately cease;
- The lunch queue will no longer form in the Cloisters for the Prep School and the Senior School, and lunch will be staggered as appropriate.
In addition, please note that from tomorrow:
- All Prep School afternoon clubs are now cancelled. Minibus pupils will be looked after.
Please reiterate the importance of personal hygiene and the encouraging at all times of social distancing. Also, should any member of your household display symptoms of a cold or respiratory illness, the family is required to self-isolate for 14 days. Please do inform the school directly should this be the case. There have been a number of children who have come to school with cold-like symptoms; we’ve sent them directly home.
At the moment, we have received no guidance on the upcoming summer exam season, although expect this imminently. I will be in touch directly when I hear of more information, and more details concerning the summer term which, whether in person or electronically, we intend to start on the 17 April. We will continue to do as much as we can to limit any potential disruption to pupils’ learning and remain fully committed to providing the strongest ongoing education for them.